Sunday, May 2, 2010

wrapping up

Today is the last day for many things..

Last day of DR
Last day of the entire group being together
Last fire pit
Last volleyball games

So about 15 people are leaving to National Park Site a day early tomorrow because their flights got changed.. but the other half of the group has to stay back and stay at Kilimanjaro Bush Camp for another night. When we leave KBC to head over to NPS, the other group is going to be leaving NPS to head to the airport. Such a strange system, but I guess it kind of makes sense..

Still can't believe it's been over 3 months since I've arrived in Africa!! I have no idea where the time has gone, I still clearly remember the day that I left for Africa-- I spent the day with my mom going around and buying last minute things for my trip, and I had chicken wings from that korean wing place as my last meal in America. I'm really excited to go back home, but at the same time I really don't ever want to leave! It'll be weird driving down the road and not seeing giraffes or zebras on the side of the road.. and not seeing the 30 other students that I've been living with for the past 3 and a half months. But still excited to leave SFS and have freedom in Africa for a few days! And also for our night in London!!

Yesterday was pretty our 'last dinner' because today we're having community presentations for our Directed Research projects that will last all day. He made us an amazing dinner, all of our favorites! He made tacos, burgers, veggie burgers, bbq chicken, anddd he set up a burner and made carne asada! And for dessert, he made us a great cake and even bought 3 cases of ice cream!! We've only had two opportunities to have ice cream here so it was a real treat.

Probably won't have time to update until I get home! Leaving for Moshi in 3 days, climbing in 5, back in America in 14!!!

1 comment:

  1. Want to see a pic of your corn rows before you take them out! Have a great climb, be careful, blah, blah, blah, you know.... all the mom stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete